The purpose of spiritual gifts
Each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 1Corinthians 12:7 The Church is actually the body of Christ; each believer is a vital part of that body. God gave gifts to men so that each may have a vital part in the growth and maturation of the body.
Where are Gifts discussed in the bible?
Romans 12: 3-8; 1Corinthians 12:1-27; Ephesians 4:1-17 and 1Peter 4:10-11
Our attitude in the use of gifts 1 Corinthians 13:1-8
Tongues and prophecy 1 Corinthians 14:12-16
The results of spiritual gifts Ephesians 4:12-16
What does God the Father say?
1. That we each have at least one spiritual gift by His Spirit.
2. We receive this gift when we first believe.
3. By His spirit dwelling within we confess Him as Lord.
4. That our gifts are for the common good of the Body.
5. That our gifts are the result of divine activity within us.
6. That He is in control of the gift, its ministry and its results.
7. That He uses our personalities to display and use our gifts.
8. That there are a wide variety of gifts at work in the body of Christ.
Discovering my gifts:
1. How does God lead you?
2. What do others tell you?
3. What do you naturally do that encourages others?
4. Think of the places in your life where you have seen or felt God at work, what were the results?
1. Don’t be afraid to explore all the possibilities of service. Your undiscovered or under-used gift is needed in the body.
2. Be prepared to work. Don’t be shy. Experiment, be available to try new task. Remember you would have never learned to walk if you hadn’t tried.
3. Remember our gifts work as we see Jesus as Lord, so do not seek them to be in competition with one another.
4. God has given us a diversity of gifts. Therefore, don’t covet another gift, But seek the places where He has given you to function as a part of the body. God communicates His gifts through our personalities, so though some may have similar gifts, they will differ according to the measure of how He uses the gift through their personality.