The Fathers Return on Giving Luke 6: 27-38
Five conversations to have with the Father about my giving.
- Has the degree of my giving suggested that I have recognized the full extent of Your grace in my life? (2 Corinthians 8:7,9; 9:15; Romans 8:32)
- What am I guarding and keeping for myself, that is keeping me from depending totally on You and Your resources? Which of my assets can I give You, so that You will be the center of my life? (Luke 16:13; Psalm 42: 1-2; Matthew 5:6)
- Lord am I honoring You as the owner and CEO/CFO of the assets You’ve entrusted to my care? Or am I treating You as a financial consultant? Do I treat You as though You work for me? (Leviticus 25:23; Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Chronicles 29:11-2)
- Father, You know my situation, have I fallen for the lie that I just don’t have enough to give, despite the fact that the greatest examples of giving and trust in the bible are poor people? (Mark 12: 43-44; 2 Corinthians 8:1-4; Galatians 6:9-10)
- Father, I have debt and am wondering why You are not blessing me financially. Could it be that I’m spending money on myself first and not giving You the first fruits of my labor that You have provided? (Haggai 1:4-11; Malachi 3: 8-11; Luke 6:38)